Saturday, April 10, 2010
The last supper da vinci code
Last Supper is Leonardo's beheld estimation of an accident actual in all four of the Gospels (books in the Christian New Testament). The Christ was betrayed by one of his disciples, he aggregate them calm to eat, acquaint them he knew what was advancing and ablution their anxiety (a action emblematic that all were according beneath the eyes of the Lord). As they ate and drank together, Christ gave the aggregation absolute instructions on how to eat and alcohol in the future, in afterthought of him. It was the aboriginal anniversary of the Eucharist, a ritual still performed.
Specifically, Last Supper depicts the abutting few abnormal in this account afterwards Christ alone the affliction that one adherent would abandon him , and all twelve accept reacted to the account with altered degrees of horror, acrimony and shock.
Looking across the picture from left to right:
* Bartholomew, James Minor and Andrew form a group of three. All are aghast, Andrew to the point of holding his hands up in a "stop!" gesture.
* Judas, Peter and John form the next group of three. Judas, you will note, has his face in shadow and is clutching a small bag (of silver?). Peter is visibly angry and a feminine-looking John seems about to swoon.
* Christ is the calm in the midst of the storm.
* Thomas, James Major and Philip are next. Thomas is clearly agitated, James Major stunned and Philip seems to be seeking clarification.
* Matthew, Thaddeus and Simon comprise the last group of three figures. It appears that, when a situation turns ugly, Simon is the "go to" guy for explanations.